Summer Date Ideas
By Dr. Pepper Schwartz
When I think of summer, I think of words like hot, sunshine, sultry, getting outside, sexy and,,,well, you get it. I'm thinking of the kind of weather that makes people want to experience the outdoors, where sharing love become a little more common and insistent. Summer is finally upon us, so here are a few hints in my top five favorite ideas:
1. Plan for a picnic. This should include a contingency strategy in case it rains. Summer picnics are romantic, no doubt about it. A bottle of wine or Pellegrino mineral water (which costs the same as a lot of flavored drinks), a loaf of bread, your favorite cheese and perhaps a few pieces of chicken all spread out on a tablecloth over a grassy hill - with no ant hill in the nearby vicinity - perfect! When the picnic day comes, but rains threaten your Plan A, Plan B can be just as sweet by moving to your living room or covered balcony/deck.
2. Go swimming in a lake or the ocean. Hiking into a lake makes it usually private and beautiful. Lakes have less hustle and bustle compared to ocean beaches, unless you select an ocean adventure with equal care for being alone. Don't forget to bring something to snack on, the appropriate suntan lotion and plenty of water to hydrate.
3. Go kayaking. Canoeing is a bit too tippy, but a two-person kayak is relatively stable. An added feature is you and your date have to work together to negotiate the water; forms a tighter cohesion as a team. It's not hard, and many locations rent kayaks. And, you can combine it with breakfast or lunch. A little teamwork always makes for a better romantic connection.
4. Go to an evening concert outdoors. Don't try for the best seat, and pick a concert that isn't going to be a major mob scene. Most jazz concerts, for example, have more laid back audiences. Listening to mellow music outdoors just might bring out the sensual side of you and your date.
5. Find a restaurant with an outdoor patio or fireplace. The patio gives you the freshness of eating outside, while the fireplace might come in handy when the sun goes down. And, if you're looking at the water, so much the better. If not, maybe select a restaurant that caters to a lot of flowers, twinkling lights or soft music. The summer breeze gently blows over you as you sip your drinks slowly, spending hours talking. A romantic environment that melds the indoors and outdoors makes a meal more exciting and sexy.
Here're a few other interesting options to consider:
Summer is an exciting time of the year. And when you're with your real love, it becomes magical!
| About Us
| Gift Memberships
| Sign Out
Copyright © PerfectMatch.com 2003-2014